Convection radiators have a unique method of dispersing air evenly and quickly and are a popular choice for those looking to heat individual rooms.
Modern convector models come with some stylish designs, advanced safety features and multiple heat settings and even a new technology called “forced convection.” Read on for our expert opinions on the best electric convectors available. Check the latest prices to make sure you get a great deal!
What is the best electric convector?
ORBEGOZO RRE 1010
The best electric convector on the market, with low consumption, that you can buy to heat your home during the cold of winter.
The best electric convectors on the market
- Orbegozo thermal emitter in white and aluminum body; Heating system that respects the environment by not using any …
- Programmable operation that allows setting a time and temperature for each of the 7 days of the week; Forget to turn on the heat
- Control by LCD digital screen and remote control; It has 3 operating modes: economic, comfort and anti-ice; Does not dry out the …
The best electric convector (low consumption): Orbegozo RRE 1010
The DeLonghi HMP 1500 Mica convector is a beautiful combination of style and performance. Let’s focus on the latter, as it should be your top priority when buying a heater.
The unit we recommend is 1000W, but this same model is available in several different power ranges, from 500W to 1800W.
The best part is that it is exceptionally quiet as it does not need a fan to operate. You can also choose from multiple heat settings and adjust the thermostat to your preference.
Digital controls with adjustable thermostats and an excellent timer offer additional user convenience. Additionally, the convection heater offers a number of heat settings and an LED display that makes it ideal for rooms up to 27 square meters. Oh, and it’s programmable!
- Orbegozo convector with white design
- It has 3 power levels: 750 W, 1250 W and 2000 W, with adjustable thermostat
- Includes safety fuse that prevents overheating
Price-quality electric convector: Orbegozo CV 2300
At the top of our list, we have this electric convector from Orbegozo. This is an excellent option that has excellent potency for the best results. I bought it for my house and it has been working perfectly. The sleek, ultra-slim design makes it perfect for every room. Of course, it is also compact and lightweight to increase portability. With 2000W, you can easily get rid of the chills in your house in minutes. Offers two options for wall mounting or freestanding. With the two options, you are free to choose the one that best suits the size of your rooms. And, all hardware is included, so you won’t need to buy any extra accessories.
The exclusive system with three power levels offers faster and better heat distribution in your rooms, thus ensuring that you achieve the required results in the shortest possible time.
- Easy to use thanks to its rotary dial and switch
- You can easily adjust the temperature with the adjustable thermostat
- Suitable as an additional heater
Cheap electric convector: Tristar KA-5911
Want to buy a convection heater but don’t have a fortune to spend? Try the Tristar KA-5911 portable electric convector it is the most affordable, durable and highest performing convector on the market right now. Its compact and versatile design is suitable for heating small rooms, caravans, stables and greenhouses. It comes with all the advanced features normally seen in a high-end heater. The slim profile and light weight make it easy to take anywhere.
- Convector heater with 3 heating levels: 750 W / 1,250 W / 2,000 W with stepless thermostat
- For rooms up to 24 m² / 60 m³
- Overheat protection, antifreeze control and 24-hour timer
A friend wanted to significantly reduce his electricity bills so he bought this electric convector. Of course, convection heaters only focus on a single room which saves energy compared to central heating systems. Equipped with SafeHeat technology, this is a perfect heater for a family setup. This device is equipped with an automatic “shutdown” function and an instant thermal shutdown to prevent overheating. With two configuration options, you can choose to mount it on the wall or place it freely on a table. It comes with all the accessories necessary for proper performance.
Furthermore, this convector is a self-contained unit that comes with a 1.5 m power cord. You can easily place this portable heater in any room in your home as long as the space is well insulated. You can heat rooms up to 38m2 with three heat settings that allow you to control the heat based on the time of day. Changing settings is easy and hassle-free thanks to the two rocker switches and thermostat. It comes with safety features like thermal cut-out and overheat protection. This way you don’t have to monitor the unit 24/7.
- Easy to use thanks to its rotary dial and switches
- You can easily adjust the temperature with the adjustable thermostat
- With a turbo mode, for faster air distribution
With so many convection heaters available on the market, it can be difficult to choose one that not only fits your budget but also has the features you want. Fortunately, the Tristar KA-5914 convector ticks all the boxes, making it one of the most desired heaters by people right now. Its alpine white finish makes it look elegant. Plus, the sturdy construction makes it durable. It is a waterproof model that can be installed not only in your bedroom and living room, but also in your bathroom.
- Convector with great power of 2000 W. Suitable for every situation, this convector has VerticalDesign, which provides the product with great …
- Adjustable thermostat with two power levels: minimum power (eco) of 1250 W and maximum power of 2000 W. Overheating protection …
- It has 4 modes of operation, two modes (1250W and 2000W) in normal mode and two modes (1250W and 2000W) in turbofan mode. Your technology …
If you liked the look of the Trotec design model, then this Cecotec convector is also a very good option for you.
Design was one of the manufacturer’s priorities, and the unit proves it. You can mount it on the wall or use it as a freestanding heater. Either way, it will perfectly complement the decor of the room with its elegant black color.
Nor is it short on performance. The 2000W of power makes it suitable for moderate to large rooms. You can adjust the timer and thermostat according to your needs or simply choose ECO mode to optimize energy efficiency.
The Cecotec Ready Warm 6550 Turbo Design is ideal for family homes as it is equipped with safety features. These include overheating protection and antifreeze trim, as well as tip-over protection. Not only will the unit turn off if someone tips it over, it will also instantly turn on the alarm.
- Choice of 3 heat settings: 800, 1200 and 2000 watts
- For use standing on the ground
- Adjustable thermostat, suitable for rooms up to 24 m²
When it comes to radiator heaters, there is almost no better model than this Honeywell convector. This small, lightweight and highly efficient heater is a must for every home. Those who don’t want to spend a fortune on a heater, but would like to have premium features, can go for this model.
- Convector with 3 heating levels: 750 W / 1,250 W / 2,000 W
- Adjustable thermostat and operation control light
- Energy efficient operation thanks to automatic switch-off when reaching the programmed value
This is another amazing electric convector available on the market. First of all, it features an excellent design with a glass panel for unique performance. The optional styles where one can mount it on the wall or set it free make it ideal for any home. Like the other model, it also features an amazing construction with an X-shaped aluminum heating element for quick warm-up. And, the high power of 1500W and the low option of 1000W make it ideal for the coldest winter and cold climates in general. Of course, it also produces environmentally friendly energy which saves energy and time. ETL certified, this heater is also equipped with highly responsive sensors and a premium air vent for proper heat output. And if, it also features an overheat protection technology for added safety. With no light or nose production, this convection heater is ideal for living rooms and any other room in the house.
- Up to 2,000 watts of heating power for clean, condensation-free, odor-free heat | Continuous thermo control | 2 settings of …
- Automatic temperature control | Frost protection function | Energy efficient operation thanks to achievement performance …
- Timer function | Infrared remote control | Touchscreen safety glass
For an amazing performance, this is another great convection heater. I bought it for my father’s house this year during the winter season after its central heating system developed some technical problems. It has an astonishing 1500 watts of power and heats up your home in the shortest possible time. Of course, power saves you time as you won’t have to wait hours to heat your rooms.
In addition, this convector has a perfect and attractive design, equipped with a black glass panel and optional customizable styling. It is characterized by its freestanding design and its wall mounting. The design saves space in your home and makes it easy to move. In addition, the high-quality X-shaped heating element made of aluminum material offers rapid heating. And, it is also equipped with electronic sensors and overheat protection for proper safety.
- HEATBOX is the new electric fan heater from IKOHS. With a modern design and fantastic features, HEATBOX is perfect for …
- With a heating power of up to 2000W and up to 4 operating modes, it heats quickly and efficiently by air convection, generating …
- The new IKOHS hot air convector is very light and resistant, as it is made with top quality materials. Also has…
The IKOHS Heatbox electric convection heater is the ideal model for your home. It’s slim, sleek, has all the advanced features like a high-end heater, and easy-grip handles to take it everywhere. There is nothing more you could ask for from a cheap heater. But, it convinces you with its excellent operating facilities. This one doesn’t make any noise when you turn it on. It will heat up the room quickly and you wouldn’t even understand that there is a heater in the room running at full power.
Featured brands of thermoconvectors
Below we name some of the best brands of electric convectors that you can find in the market, the most relevant.
A giant of home appliances, including space heaters like electric convectors. Very good quality products that offer excellent performance. If you want something that will last for years, Tristar is a reliable option.
Recognized brand of household products, from kitchen appliances to air conditioning and heating appliances, guarantee of quality and at very competitive prices.
Spanish brand specialized in home electronics and technology products, it is quite “recent”, yet it is still very strong in the market with its products of great value for money.
Buying guide: What to take into account to buy a good convector?
Convection heaters are a popular option for those looking to heat individual rooms. It’s a great alternative to central heating, but what exactly is a convection heater, and what should you look for in one? Find out the answer to those questions, as well as what the benefits are, by reading the rest of this buying guide.
Here are some characteristics to take into account when buying an electric convector:
The convector must be powerful enough to heat an entire room. If the room is very small, then a small unit should do the trick, but don’t expect the same results if it is installed in a large kitchen, a medium bedroom, and so on. In general, the larger the room, the more powerful the convection heater should be.
Different units have different security features. Choose a unit that has the safety features you need most, such as an automatic shutoff switch or a cooling mechanism that automatically kicks in when the unit is on the verge of overheating. The more security features a unit has, the better.
The overall design matters too. Choose a design that is functional, such as a unit that fits into a corner of the room of your choice or one that is large enough to occupy a certain area of the room. The key is to choose a unit that will fit the room in which it will be used the most.
This is an important feature to look for. If you spend most of your time in a specific room, then portability doesn’t matter that much. Otherwise, look for one that is lightweight and can be easily moved from one room to the next.
Settings and configurations
Some convectors only have a heat setting, which is fine for some people. However, it is a good idea to choose a unit that has various heat settings such as low, medium, and high, and that is at a minimum. As you know UK weather is unpredictable which is why it is always wise to choose a unit with multiple settings and not just one.
Consider the price of the unit. Some convection heaters cost less than 50 pounds and others easily cost 10 times that much. Decide how much you are willing to spend on a unit before doing anything.
Keep in mind that price is not everything. The key is to choose a unit that offers a lot for its price. If a unit looks expensive, but is packed with great security features and has a solid reputation, then it’s most likely worth the price.
Those are the key features to look for when shopping for a convection radiator. Always look for a heater that has the most useful features for your needs, as well as a heater that is known for its durability and reliability. In general, it’s a good idea to check out various reviews on the make and model of the unit you’re thinking of buying. Please see our top picks and previous reviews.
What is a convector?
The short answer is that they are small heaters that are placed in a room. They don’t provide heating for multiple rooms, which means that people need to buy multiple of them if they have multiple rooms that they want to heat. There are different types of convection heaters, such as ceramic heaters and oil-fired radiators. Another type of convector heater is a portable unit, which can be moved from one room to another.
As already mentioned, some heaters are permanent installations. Others are portable and can be moved from one area to another. Regardless of whether one purchases a portable or fixed convection heater, they will reap the many benefits they offer.
How does an electric convector work?
The way this type of heater works is simple, as the unit provides heating through the air intake. For example, a convection heater will take in air, which will then be transferred to heat through a heating element that has been installed in the heater. Some heaters may contain a fan, which will provide faster and wider coverage of the room.
As for the types of heating elements that are used inside a convector heater, there are a few. These include oil, which means the heater will need to be refilled from time to time. Other heating elements include an electrical wire or an electrical coil. Those are the three most popular types of heating elements that are typically used in convection heating units.
Benefits of thermoconvectors
There are dozens of benefits. However, there are a handful of them that stand out. Those benefits include:
- Uniform heat . The first benefit is that convection heaters provide even heat. With central heating, some rooms heat up much faster than others and it is unlikely that the temperature will be the same in all rooms, but it is not the case with convection heaters. Once installed and operating for a while, the entire room will become warm and the temperature will be the same throughout the room as long as the person has a sufficiently powerful and adequately sized heater. The end result is that even heating results in very little chance of experiencing cold spots or drafts in a room.
- Customize your heating needs . Another benefit is being able to customize your heating needs. For example, a small unit can be installed in a large room that is used infrequently, while a powerful heater can be installed in a room that is used all the time, such as the main room or the master bedroom or even the bathroom. With convection heating units, you have total control of the amount of heat that you want to generate within the room in which it is installed.
- Silent . With central heating, there is a large unit installed and it makes a lot of noise. Even the ones that are billed as silent tend to make more noise than one would like. This can wake up the whole house or make a business look bad, if the unit is installed in a commercial building. Convection heating is different because the heat is generated through an individual unit. Most units on the market run extremely quietly. You will most likely be impressed with this type of heating by the lack of noise the units produce.
Frequently asked questions about convectors
How to choose the correct size of a convector?
Fortunately, it is easy to calculate the size based on the power of the device. For every square meter of surface that you heat, you will need 10 watts of power. If you choose a gas heater, keep in mind that 10 watts equals 34 BTUs per hour. In other words, a standard 1500W heater offers 5118 BTUs of heat, and that’s enough to heat a space of up to 150 square feet.
Are electric convectors efficient?
If I had to give a one-word answer, I would certainly say yes. However, things are not as simple as they might seem. Convection heaters are ideal for heating moderately or even large rooms.
They can distribute heat quickly and evenly over the entire area you want to heat. If you look at things that way, they are efficient. They won’t take long to heat up the room, and they will distribute the heat evenly.
However, a lot depends on the state of the area you are heating. If the room has poor insulation and problems with drafts, there is a good chance that a significant amount of heat will be lost. It’s simple, the hot air will come out of the holes, and the cold air will go into its place.
The heater will not be able to transfer the cold air to heat it up in time, and it will not do a good job of heating the space. That is why it is necessary to place the heater in a small room or make sure to improve the insulation.
How much does it cost to run a convector?
Now, let’s do a little math. Two crucial variables affect the cost of running a convection heater:
– How much electricity it consumes – The power of the heater in kW
– Your supplier’s electricity rate
You can see the wattage of your appliance on the box. The standard power of the heater is 1,500W, which would be 1.5kW (1,000W equals 1kW). Now, the electricity rate differs from one region and provider to another. You can find out the rate on your utility bill. You just have to find the information about the price per kW / h. Let’s say, as an example, it’s $ 1 per hour.
Now you have to multiply the wattage by the electricity rate. In our example, that would be 1.5kW x € 1 = € 1.5 per hour. That would be the cost of running a convection heater per hour.
Although it is not cheap, keep in mind that it is still more affordable than using a central heating system. Convection heaters do an efficient job of maintaining the room you are in, and this is why people love them.
If you are looking to save some money on running costs, look for energy-saving properties. These include thermostats that regulate the temperature without wasting unnecessary energy, as well as timers that ensure the unit shuts down after the desired time.
Conclusion and final opinions of electric convectors
Even if you weren’t a heating expert, I’m sure you feel like one now that you’ve read this article. As you can see, it is not that difficult to choose a suitable heating device for your needs. You have to make sure that it has the required heating power and features that you want.
If all of that comes in a beautiful design and at an acceptable price, you’ve found the perfect match. I’m sure you’ve seen at least one model that fits your needs in the room above. I have tried to include something for everyone’s taste, and the only thing that depends on you is to choose your favorite!