Ceramic heaters are the cheapest and most energy-efficient heating appliances you can buy, yet they are still efficient enough to heat rooms in a home. With strong and durable ceramic heating elements, these heaters produce warm and comfortable heat for your room, as well as being safe to use.
If you still don’t know enough about ceramic heaters to make an informed decision about which one will be the best for your needs, you should read this helpful buying guide to find lots of helpful information. You should also check out these great reviews on ceramic heaters.
If you consider all the possibilities and all the requirements you have for your ceramic heater, you will surely be able to find the best ceramic heater for your home. Fortunately, these heaters are available in a wide price range, so no matter what your budget is, you’re sure to find something you can afford.
What is the best ceramic heater?
NEATO ROBOTICS BOTVAC
Here is all the short descriptive text about the chosen model:
The best ceramic heaters on the market
- lightweight and portable: Small but very powerful, this mini heater is suitable for heating small environments such as small rooms, houses and …
- ceramic technology: This new special ceramic technology is able to provide faster and more efficient heating in …
- Adjustable thermostat and oscillation: The adjustable thermostat controls the temperature around you for optimal heating. Besides, the…
Best ceramic heater: Pro Breeze Mini Ceramic Heater 2000W
At the top of our list of the best ceramic heaters is this model from Pro Breeze. Compared to other heaters, there is nothing like this unit for the price. Many people choose the model because it is a very small ceramic heater. Delivers hot air without any noisy distractions.
This unit also features an easy-to-use digital control panel that offers high and low heat settings, as well as an 8-hour timer and adjustable thermostat. It also comes with a remote control.
This heater also comes equipped with a rear filter that keeps the appliance free of dirt and debris. It has a safe touch surface and is designed to distribute hot air throughout the room quickly and evenly. It is powerful enough to heat a large room up to 27 square meters.
With its sleek design and contrasting black and silver color scheme, it easily fits into any room or space, and can blend in with any décor.
- Two positions with adjustable power: 1,000 W in Silence mode or 1,800 W in maximum power mode
- Silence function: noise level reduction (only 49 dBA in silent position at 1,000 W)
- Thermostat with electronic anti-frost device
Best value for money ceramic heater: Rowenta SO9265F0 Mini Excel Eco
Since safety should not be taken for granted, you need a heater that promises to operate safely no matter what. This Rowenta product can meet all requirements. It was built safely and is ETL certified. Overheating will not be an event, as overheating protection is a feature implemented in this unit. To add to the list of benefits, taking it down will force you to stop and prevent dangerous situations.
This ceramic heater saves some of your energy costs through ECO modes, which adjust the heat to heat you properly, without consuming too much power. Additionally, the ceramic construction ensures that too much heat will not be produced.
If you need a unit that you can move around when you need it, you will like the portability of this ceramic heater. You can take it to another room, or to a road trip. It has an 8-hour timer with automatic shut-off, and has settings to offer you great convenience. The remote control is easy to use, and it also allows you to handle temperature settings without difficulty. The heater will turn on in no time, and your room will heat up in just a couple of minutes.
The MVPower Full Circle Ceramic Heater is just what you need when you want to deliver a lot of heat to your entire room. Unlike heaters that simply stand close to a wall and emit heat in a straight line, this is a circular heater that is capable of distributing heat in all directions. You can also program the way the heat is distributed. Depending on the location of the heater in the room, you can choose to set the swing to sweep more than 90, 170 or 360 degrees. This allows you to place the heater almost anywhere in the room to provide comfortable warmth.
A programmable digital thermostat comes with this heater so you can set the heater’s working temperature. With the push of a few buttons, you can have all the heat you need. If you don’t want to have to get up to alter the temperature of the heater, or if you want to turn it off, you can use the remote control that comes with it.
This is a versatile and effective heater to use in your home and the ceramic heating element is sure to offer you reliability and durability when you need it.
- DELONGHI TCH8993ERBC HEATER TCH8993ERBC
- High quality product
- Recognized brand product
Low consumption ceramic heater : De ‘longhi TCH8993ER.BC
Since this De’Longhi heater heats up so fast, it could be a great addition to your home. The room will immediately heat up, and the long-lasting effect will please you beyond expectations.
This ceramic heater comes with a thermostat, which allows you to set the ideal room temperature, after which the unit does its job. There are three modes with this product, respectively high heat, low heat, and fan only. Keep in mind that the higher the setting, the more power it consumes. So, having multiple heat settings saves you energy in case you need to save a few pennies too. The high heat setting consumes 1500 watts, while the low heat setting consumes 1000 watts.
As a unit that runs quietly, the low noise of 50db will not disturb you to read, work, sleep or do anything else. Plus, the controls won’t take you getting used to. The heater is easy to use, and it will quickly make the proper adjustments.
If you have pets or children, you have an advantage with this product as it has a protection against tipping and overheating. The unit shuts down when it is tipped over, or if it gets too hot, so safety is guaranteed at all times.
- Option of 2 heat settings: 900 and 1500 watts
- Ceramic heating technology with adjustable thermostat; perfect for bedrooms, living rooms and offices
- Cool-to-touch housing, auto-shutdown protection against tip-over and safety protection from overheating
Round Ceramic Heater: Honeywell HCE200WE4
Have maximum control with your ceramic heater when you choose this Honeywell ceramic digital heater. With advanced digitized features, you can customize your heater to give you all the heat you need when you need it.
With 2 constant heat settings, you can choose between an effective high heat mode or an energy-saving low heat mode. It also offers you a timer function. The timer allows you to set the heater to turn on in 1, 2, 4, and 8 hour increments as desired.
An integrated dust filter allows you to keep maintenance on this heater to an absolute minimum. It will protect the heater from dust and as it is a permanent filter it does not need to be replaced.
To provide you with complete safety when choosing this heater, the Honeywell Ceramic Digital Heater features a tip-over switch and overheat protection. Protection against overheating is especially important for ceramic heaters as it will ensure that the heater is not damaged by getting too hot.
This taller heater has a space-saving design so it can fit in smaller spaces. It also heats the room quickly and effectively, as it has an oscillating characteristic.
- Ceramic heating system: The modern fan heater with ceramic heating elements provides more heat output …
- Space Saving: The Pro Breeze Ceramic Electric Heater is ideal for use in the office, home, bathroom and bedrooms ….
- Modern Safety Features: Advanced built-in safety features including overheat protection and protection …
Ceramic heater with thermostat: Pro Breeze 500W
The next product impressed us again with a quality ceramic material that will quickly provide heat to relatively small spaces. Although it covers less square meters, this will not hamper its efficiency. You can heat different rooms by changing the location of the heater. It is compact and portable thanks to its lightweight design. It can be safely said that you will not have a hard time using it. Just set it to the desired heat level, and the heater will work to maintain it.
However, keep in mind that the thermostat does not display temperature numbers. It can be difficult to know what you need at first. However, after just a couple of uses, you will know if you want low or high heat. You can also adjust the fan to run without producing heat. An indicator light will tell you when the heater is working. The fan creates a little noise when it is running. As low as it is, it can be annoying for people who don’t like white noise. Apart from this, the heater will provide you with comfort and safety. You don’t have to worry about tipping it over or working too hard because it will automatically shut down when it detects hazards.
- 2 heat powers
- Overheating protection system
- Metal body
Professional ceramic heater : Orbegozo FHR 2050
This Orbegozo FHR 2050 ceramic heater will look great in your home as it is finished in a modern and sophisticated black. With a plastic and metal shell, you can be assured of the high quality and it will be cool to the touch for safety.
You can have the ultimate control of the Orbegozo ceramic digital heater from anywhere in the room because, in addition to having buttons built into the front of the heater, you can also use the multifunctional remote control.
The thermostat can be adjusted to whatever temperature you want and you can also choose between high and low temperature controls. All of these features can be controlled from the front panel of the heater or using the supplied remote control.
To offer you the purest air when this heater is in use, it has a fresh air ionizer feature. Thanks to this feature, you will not experience stale and uncomfortable air as you can expect from other ceramic heater models.
This heater comes with overheat protection so that the parts inside it are protected and this also ensures your own safety when using the heater.
Cyclone heat penetration technology allows the heater to heat up quickly so you can benefit from the heat in a shorter time.
The unique and modern look of the DHN-QN05 heater is sure to make a lasting statement in any room. Plus, the space-saving design means you won’t have to worry about finding a place for this heater. The Lasko Ceramic Tower Heater can be conveniently placed in any room without obstructing hallways or objects around the room.
This heater emits a lot of heat effectively thanks to its tall design. It even features oscillation so that the heat can be well dispersed throughout the room.
The DHN-QN05 heater has been designed to work best in small to medium-sized rooms, and for rooms of this size, you will find that it emits comfortable and effective heat.
You can expect a 1500 watt output from this heater, giving you plenty of heating power in the colder winter months. It’s a great companion heater to use when you don’t want to waste money heating your entire home with a central heating system.
The ceramic heating element is durable and long lasting. It has been designed to ensure that there is a smooth and constant flow of heat throughout the room. The heater is also light enough to be carried from room to room with ease.
- 【Stylish and Versatile Design】: This hot air heater is sophisticated and stylish. The electronic remote control, the screen …
- 【Professional & Safe】: The electric heater is equipped with two safety gears: against overheating and protection against …
- 【High sensitivity touch screen and remote control】: The touch screen has a high sensitivity and the touch area of the button …
Ceramic Electric Heater: COMLIFE
With 1500 watts of power, the COMLIFE is a great option for heating a smaller room in your home or simply adding personal zone heating when you need it. You can save money on your heating bill by using it as a supplemental heater, while it will also be a great way to add warmth to a room that is still too cold despite the current heating method.
An LCD screen allows you to see the temperature at which the appliance is operating and you can easily change settings thanks to the control panel. A 24 hour timer gives you the flexibility to program this heater to suit your daily routine and the heater even comes with a remote control.
You can choose between minimum heat, boost and eco modes when choosing the program for this heater. It allows you to save up to 40% energy on your regular heating bills when in eco mode.
This tower heater distributes heat well throughout the room thanks to the oscillating mode. You can turn this feature on and off as you like, but when it’s on, you can be sure that the heat will be evenly distributed throughout the room to keep it as hot as possible.
- ★ EFFICIENT AND ENERGY SAVING: This heater employs a PTC ceramic heating element which has the advantages of fast heating, …
- ★ UNIQUE DESIGN: Compared with other traditional heaters, its design is more unique and modern. It has internal concave handle, easy …
- ★ SAFE PROTECTION: CE, RoHS and REACH certificates, product quality is guaranteed. The heater is equipped with two gears of …
Electric heater with ceramic heating: COMLIFE PTC 900W
This ceramic heater impressed us because it is compact and portable, yet robust. This means that it can be placed in a variety of locations, and it will work efficiently. The comfortable handle on the top ensures a secure grip so you can move it from room to room. The heater has three heating inputs that you can choose from: no heat fan, low heat up to 1000 watts, and high heat up to 1500 watts. This, in addition to the ceramic material, will be enough to provide supplemental heat in a small room or office quickly.
Just adjust the thermostat according to your own preferences, and it will maintain the required temperature. The great thing about this unit is that it confidently guarantees your safety. If the fan overheats, it will stop working to avoid any danger. Another safety measure is the automatic shutdown in the event of an accidental tip over. However, keep in mind that this last feature is quite sensitive, and it can cause the product to turn off more often than necessary. Overall, this heater is very easy to use with just one dial to control it. It will work quietly and almost imperceptibly while you sleep or work.
Buying guide: What to consider when buying a good ceramic heater?
If you are looking for a ceramic heater for your home, there are many different heaters that you will have to choose from. Although the list can be daunting, making a decision doesn’t have to be.
In this buying guide, we’ll take a look at the basics of ceramic heaters so that you can improve your knowledge and learn more about what type of ceramic heater will be best for your home.
What to consider when buying and choosing a ceramic heater
Ceramic heaters come in a wide range of sizes and types, as well as being equipped with a variety of different features.
When it comes to finding the perfect ceramic heaters for your home, office, or apartment, you will find that you have many options to choose from.
Keep in mind that you probably won’t be able to find a heater with all of the features listed below, but here are the things you’ll need to consider when shopping for the best ceramic heater for more heat:
- Fan Speeds – Most of the time, ceramic heaters only have two fan speeds: low and high. And this is what controls the speed of the heat coming out of the machine.
- Automatic mode – Some ceramic heaters can automatically switch between low and high fan speeds to better control the desired room temperature. However, this automatic mode function is only available on models that have a digital thermostat to set a specific temperature degree.
- Thermostat – This feature is what controls the heat temperature settings. Depending on your preference, it can be hotter or colder. Thermostats come in two types: a manual thermostat or a digital thermostat. Manual thermostats are a rotary dial that allows you to adjust heat settings by turning the dial. But you cannot set a specific grade. Temperature is displayed with numbers like 1 through 7 or a sign from – to + to indicate temperatures from colder to hotter. As for digital thermostats, these are a control panel that allows you to set a particular temperature for the room, such as 65, 70, 75 or 80 degrees. Many ceramic heaters with digital thermostats also have an auto shutoff feature that saves energy once the temperature is reached.
- Oscillation – This feature rotates the heater from left to right while the fan blows warm air into the room. It is usually only found in ceramic tower heaters that are specially designed for more even heating of the room.
- Timer – This feature allows you to run your heater for a predetermined time. Whether it is 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours (or more), the heater turns off after the timer has expired.
- Remote Control – This device allows you to control your heater settings no matter where you are in the room.
- Tip Over Protection – If your room heater accidentally tips over, you don’t want it to keep running. This could become a hazard. With this function, the heater will turn off if it is not in an upright position. It is a good option if you have children or pets in your home.
- Overheat Protection – This is a sensor built into the heater that automatically shuts it off when internal components heat up to an unsafe temperature. Most ceramic heaters have this type of protection included.
- Cool-to-touch cabinet – You want the heater to heat a room effectively and efficiently, but you don’t want it to become a burn hazard. If equipped with this feature, the body of the unit does not get hot at all, making it safe to handle even while it is running.
Types of ceramic heaters
As with other types of heaters you can choose from for your home, ceramic heaters are available in different styles and types. Let’s take a look at the three main types of ceramic heater that you can choose from.
Ceramic tower heaters
A ceramic tower heater is designed to be taller than most ceramic heaters and they are also narrower. This allows them to be used in a smaller space. They are useful if you want to keep the heater out of hallways or if you have a fairly compact room that you don’t want to fill with larger, cumbersome heaters. Most tower heaters also have built-in oscillation, which is not typically a feature of many other types of ceramic heaters, but this will mean that the heat can reach the room even more quickly. If there are only a few people in the room at the same time, then this may be a good option for a heater.
Compact ceramic heaters
Compact ceramic heaters are the perfect choice when you have a smaller home and want to move the heater from room to room frequently. These heaters are lightweight and small so you can easily move them around. Although they are not designed to heat an entire room, they are very effective personal heaters, so if you are sitting at a desk, for example, you could place the heater under the desk so that the heat can radiate directly to you.
Ceramic wall heaters
For a permanent heating solution in your home, you should consider a ceramic wall heater. These can be wall mounted or they can be built into the wall depending on the changes you are willing to make in the room and depending on the design of the heater. You can buy ceramic wall heaters that are safe to use in the bathroom or other wet areas as well. These are an effective and safe way to heat an entire room and are often more powerful than their portable counterparts.
Ceramic heater brands and manufacturers
When looking for the best ceramic heater for your needs, you should look at the manufacturer as well as the product description. There are a few well-known manufacturers that you can trust when purchasing certain types of baseboard heaters. Lasko, Honeywell, and DeLonghi are all great manufacturers that will be able to supply you with high quality and highly beneficial ceramic heaters.
The heating costs of ceramic heaters
Ceramic heaters don’t have to be an expensive addition to your home. With so many options when it comes to these types of heaters, you will be able to keep your costs down.
- The initial costs . Ceramic heaters are not very expensive to buy. You can find them to fit most budgets.
- Installation . Installation costs will vary depending on the type of heater you have chosen. If you want to have a portable ceramic heater then there will be no installation costs. However, if you want to use a wall heater, you will have to install the heater on the wall and possibly have the heater connected to your existing electricity supply.
- Efficiency . There are a number of things you can do to ensure that your ceramic heater is as efficient as possible. First of all, you should try to use your ceramic heater to provide supplemental or zone heating to your home. When you wake up in the morning, for example, you need to turn on a ceramic bathroom heater so you don’t have to use the entire heating system. You can also use the thermostat to ensure that the room temperature is comfortable and that no energy is wasted.
- Maintenance . Ceramic heaters do not require any maintenance, as the ceramic element is very durable. All you need to do is vacuum the vents from time to time so dust doesn’t build up. Although dust won’t necessarily cause any danger while your heater is on, the convection current can send dust through the room, causing the atmosphere to be somewhat polluted.
Portable or fixed ceramic heater?
One of the great benefits of buying a new ceramic heater for your home is that you can choose between portable and stationary models. Whether you want to add a permanent heat solution to a room when you need it, or you want to save money on the purchase of heaters and simply buy a portable heater to carry from room to room, you will have many great ceramic heaters to choose from.
A ceramic portable heater is often necessary if you want to add supplemental heating at some times, but not at all. If you have a central heating system that doesn’t need to be on because you’re relaxing in front of the TV in one room, you could use a portable ceramic heater to keep that room warm. When it’s time to go to bed, you simply grab the portable ceramic heater and bring it into your bedroom so you can warm yourself there while you sleep.
On the other hand, if you want a high-quality permanent heater installed in your room, you could choose a ceramic wall heater, for example. There are different types of ceramic stationary heaters for different purposes, so if you want to heat your bathroom or if you want to keep another room in your house warm, you can add additional stationary heat in the form of a ceramic stationary heater.
Size and layout
Ceramic heaters are available in all types of sizes. You need to measure the room in which you want to use the heater. If you are using the heater in more than one room, then you should measure the size of the largest room.
Then you need to check the heating capacity in square feet of the heater you are considering to see if it will be suitable for your room.
You have to remember that you can buy both ceramic personal heaters and ceramic heaters to heat a room. It is important to know what type of heater you will need. A ceramic personal heater will be insufficient to keep a room warm.
The great thing about ceramic heaters is that they have a sturdy ceramic element in the center. This provides safe operation as well as a great way for the heater to disperse heat throughout the room.
If you have a larger room, you should consider a taller ceramic heater that has oscillation. This will ensure that the heat is emitted in all directions and will be a better way to heat the entire room rather than a simple portable heater that does not oscillate.
Ceramic heaters vs. oil heaters
- Ceramic heaters can often cause some confusion, as there are a couple of different types. Ceramic radiant heaters only heat items that are immediately in the heat path. These heaters may take a while to heat up, but they are effective if you only have a small space to heat. On the other hand, you could choose a ceramic convection heater that relies on convection currents and is used to heat the air in the room.
- Ceramic convection heaters may have a built-in fan that helps circulate air around the room. This is not a feature of oil filled heaters. Oil filled heaters normally use only convection heat.
- Oil heaters can take a while to warm up and can take even longer to cool down completely. While they are fairly safe, this means that you may need to supervise young children around you more, as diesel heaters are often very hot to the touch while on. Ceramic heaters are quicker to heat up and cool down and are usually cool to the touch.
- Oil heaters are usually much heavier than ceramic ones. This is because they are filled with oil and use an electric heating element to heat the oil and provide heat to the room. Since they are heavier than ceramic heaters, they can be more dangerous if they are portable and dropped. They also need to be mounted more securely on the wall.
- Since oil-filled heaters take longer to heat up, they use slightly less energy than ceramic heaters, and since they stay hotter after being turned off, they can also be more cost-effective than ceramic heaters. The energy savings that you can expect depends largely on how you want to use the heater.
Is a ceramic heater or a radiant heater better?
Before choosing a heater, you need to weigh the differences between the heaters first, and then choose the best one for your taste.
Portable heaters represent a great way to go when you need a heat source for your room. Basically, they are preferred in this day and age due to the fact that they save you costs by heating only the area where you spend the most time. However, many find it difficult to choose between the two different types – ceramic and radiant heaters.
Infrared heaters are so amazing because they use infrared rays, like those from the sun, to heat everything within their range. That said, it does not heat an entire house or room, but rather heats people and objects that radiation touches. It is the same as the heat you feel when you are outside and the sun’s rays touch your skin. In addition, they do not have any risk of poisoning you with carbon monoxide, or other poisonous gas, since they do not need to use fuel to heat themselves. They are energy efficient and will save you a lot of money. However, since they do nothing to contribute to the overall temperature of the house, they may not be the best option for everyone. They work in garages and workplaces, usually.
On the other hand, ceramic heaters are more beneficial as they can heat an area, unlike radiant heaters. They can be cheaper compared to radiant heaters depending on the brand, but they are more effective at the same time. Basically, they work by conducting heat through aluminum baffles and ceramic plates, thus being able to heat a room. The fact that they are portable, and that they can adequately help heat spaces is what makes them so good to begin with. They can also be used indoors, not just for workplaces and garages. At the same time, they do not need any type of fuel to function. That means you won’t have to burn anything that could end up emitting toxic fumes.
Ceramic heaters are energy efficient and hardly waste energy. They have the ability to heat up and cool down faster compared to other types of heaters, which means that you will be able to enjoy their benefits very soon. If you need a room heater, ceramic ones are definitely the way to go.
In general, ceramic heaters are the best option because they can heat a room, compared to radiant heaters that only radiate heat and do not heat the environment.
Ceramic heaters vs. infrared heaters
When you compare ceramic heaters with infrared heaters, you will see that they are very different. Infrared heaters are very different from other space heaters in that they do not usually have a fan and they also do not use convection. Unlike any other heater, this type of heater radiates heat to the outside of the room, so that whoever is in it can benefit from the infrared rays that are gently heated, instead of being blown away by hot air currents or of spending money with convection type heaters.
Although infrared heaters are suitable for smaller spaces where users are housed in front of the heater, ceramic heaters are better suited for larger rooms that have a lot of use and traffic. Ceramic heaters can often emit heat in all directions so that the room can be heated more.
Infrared heaters are very quick to heat people or objects that may be directly in front of them. Ceramic heaters also heat up fairly quickly, but some ceramic heaters can retain some heat even after the heater has been turned off, which infrared heaters cannot.
If targeted, rapid heating isn’t for you, then an infrared heater is probably not suitable. Ceramic heaters are much better if you want to heat the entire room and maintain the temperature with a thermostat. You will not be able to use a thermostat with an infrared heater, as it does not affect the overall temperature of the room.
Ceramic heaters have very durable heating elements that are unlikely to wear out quickly. Infrared heaters do emit light, however, and over time, infrared waves can lose some power.
Another problem you may experience with infrared heaters is that they are quite bright while on. Although this may not bother you during the day or night, when you try to sleep, you will sleep better if you use a ceramic heater, as these do not emit light while they are on. Both types of heaters are usually quiet enough that you can use them while you sleep.
What are the advantages of a ceramic heater?
With a ceramic heater, you can be sure that you can get great heat in your home when you want to save money on your heating bills. There are some great advantages to ceramic heaters.
When purchasing a ceramic heater, you will have the advantage of having a heater that has a durable and effective heating element. This type of heating element is composed of a ceramic layer that covers the electrical heating elements and this produces a comfortable and constant heat for your home. Unlike other electric heaters that use metal diffusers and reflectors that reach dangerously high temperatures, ceramic heaters are designed to never reach a combustible temperature
Heaters that have a metal heating element often fail and can cause serious home fires if accidentally left unattended. Ceramic heaters do not have the same types of hazards and often come with a thermostat to regulate the temperature as well.
Because the heating element is not as hot as in other types of heating systems, ceramic heaters can be made smaller. This is because the housing does not have to give as much space to the interior element.
Are Ceramic Heaters Energy Efficient?
Ceramic heaters can help make your home more energy efficient if you use them effectively. Whether you get a portable heater or a fixed one, you can be sure that you will save money on your energy bills by just using the ceramic heater instead of using your entire central heating system. When you wake up in the morning, you could turn on your ceramic remote heater while getting dressed. You could have a wall-mounted ceramic heater in the bathroom, which turns on so you can put on makeup or shave. You can then take your portable ceramic heater downstairs so you can heat up your kitchen while you have breakfast. All of these ways of creating heating zones will ensure that you can reduce your heating bills by heating only the areas of your home that are in use.
Still, you should make sure that you choose the correct size of a ceramic heater for your needs, so as not to waste energy. Also remember that your home can prevent your heater from being as efficient as it could be if it has poor insulation and drafts. You should also avoid blocking the path of heat so it can flow freely through your room.
What is and how does a ceramic heater work?
Ceramic heaters are a kind of space heater, which is capable of heating air more easily than most other forms of space heaters. There are no bare wire spools, which could start a fire, and they don’t make the case so hot that nearby users risk getting burned.
The heating element inside a ceramic heater is what gives these types of heaters their name. The metal coils in the center of the heater are covered with ceramic plates, and the coils heat up, transferring the heat to the ceramic.
Once the ceramic element heats up, it releases heat into the air and is carried through the room with convection currents. Some of these heaters have a built-in fan to blow hot air around the room more quickly.
Compared to most other types of heaters, ceramic heaters are able to heat up and cool down quickly as well. This makes these types of heaters safe to use in your home.
Ceramic Heaters Safety Tips and Facts
Although ceramic heaters are generally safe to use in your home, you should be sure to follow sensible safety procedures when using one in your home. These safety tips will give you some things to think about when using your heater for the first time.
- Safety switches. Choosing a ceramic heater with safety features like anti-tip switches and protection against overheating can give you peace of mind. Toppling a heater of any kind can cause hazards such as burns, while the overheat protection will prevent the unit from getting too hot to protect the parts within it.
- Personal or whole room . When purchasing your ceramic heater, you will be able to choose heaters that are capable of heating the entire room or one that is intended to be used by one person and is kept close by. Although it is cheaper to run the personal heater, it will need to be very close to make it feel warmed. However, it would be very dangerous if you were to sit near a ceramic heater, so you need to be careful what type of heater you are buying and where you put it.
- Safety certification . Whenever you buy a safety-certified heater, you should verify that you are buying it from a reliable source. It is never a good idea to buy a second hand heater as you will not know what condition it is in.
- Portable or fixed? When you are buying the ceramic heater for your home, you need to think about whether it needs to be fixed or not. If you want a heater that will not leave the room, you should consider purchasing a fixed one. These are going to be the safest option in your home as they cannot be easily tipped over.
What size ceramic heater do I need?
The size of the ceramic heater you need depends on the area of your room (in square meters). This is important because if you have a ceramic heater that is too small for your space, it will not be able to heat the area efficiently. But if you get one that is too big, it will consume more energy and will not be efficient.
You can determine the size you need by using the power output of the particular ceramic heater. On average, you will need approximately 10 watts of power per square foot of floor space in the room.
Therefore, a 1,500 watt ceramic heater can mainly heat an area of about 14 square meters.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ceramic Heaters
Yes, they are cheaper to operate compared to many other types of heaters. Basically, heaters that need some type of fuel to generate heat can take long until the effects are felt. However, with a ceramic one, the effects are felt immediately. Thanks to this, you will need less energy to run the device, as the room will immediately start to heat up. Thanks to this, you will save a lot on energy costs. Of course, it also depends on how you want to use the heater, but overall, the cost-effectiveness is better than other similar devices.
Ceramic heaters are great because they have the ability to quickly heat a room. They make the air move constantly, which makes them so amazing for people who want to heat rooms for longer periods of time. Compared to radiant heaters, they are cheaper, and the best thing is that the heating elements are protected, so they will not burn you when heated.
However, the downside is the fact that the fans can fail, causing the heater to overheat, quickly becoming a dangerous device. Also, it will take longer to heat a room if there is a draft of cold air entering the machine.
On the other hand, ceramic heaters are energy efficient and take very little time to heat up your room. Since they are not too big, they are portable, and you can use them in many places. Plus, overheating is prevented by the appliance’s thermostats and fans, making things less likely to get dangerous. But that does not mean that the danger never exists. They should not be left unattended as things can get very dangerous and a fire could break out.
Yes, ceramic heaters can smell.
The cause of this odor is the accumulation of dust and dirt.
Make sure to clean the intake duct of the unit with a soft toothbrush to reduce odor.
The odor from ceramic heaters can also occur during the first few uses as the heating elements have not been used before but should disappear with time.
This depends on the type of ceramic heater you have. Some units have a built-in timer and turn off after a certain period of time, while others have built-in safety features that turn the heater off if it tips over or if there is a risk of overheating. Therefore, it is safe to leave these heaters on overnight.
Conclusion and opinions of ceramic heaters
These ceramic heater reviews give you some great insights into the heaters you can find on the market today, but don’t forget there are plenty of others you could choose from as well. When looking for the right ceramic heater for your home, it’s important that you evaluate each model carefully to make sure it has all the features and benefits you need in your home.
If you have limited space, for example, you may consider a taller and slimmer ceramic heater, but this type of heater may not be suitable if the heater can be easily knocked over by small children or even pets, in which case it would probably be better to choose a ceramic heater with a bulkier and stronger design. Our buying guide will surely have given you many more things to consider as well when looking for the best ceramic heater.